Saturday, July 28, 2012

Team Allred

Today Jonny and I competed in a Triathlon  as a 2 man relay team. I did the swim and Jonny did the bike ride and run. It was a sprint so the swim was a little 600 yards the bike ride was 13 miles and the run was a 5K. Jonny participated in a Sprint Triathalon before but he thought it would be fun for the 2 of us to compete together.


Neither of us spent much time training but we didn't do too bad. We finsihed altogether with a time time of 1 hr 30 min. It was 6 place out of 10 or 11 teams. The best time was 1 hr 4 min . My swim time was 13 min 30 sec which I was disapointed in . The Triathalon took place at the Riverton Aqautic center so it was not an open water swim. I enjoyed waiting my turn to get into the pool and visiting with the other racers.

Our team name was just Team Allred. Not very creative but after arguing for 5 min to come up with a creative team name and not agreeing on anything we gave up and just went with Team Allred. It was fun getting out of the pool rushing to to meet Jonny at his bike and passing of the chip. I really enjoy doing 5k's and other races because I live the adrenalian rush of getting to end and realizing that I accomplished something, even though I never come in 1st.

I am hoping that I can train and do all three events in a triathalon soon . Doing the race with my husband was fun and a good bonding experience.

Taken before the race started. Jonny is sporting his signature bandana that he wears everytime he runs

That is me standing on the ramp wating for my turn to get in the pool and start

                    I am the one wearing the green cap. The other  swimmer was right behind me the whole time but never passed me.
 Jonny starting the bike portion. He was excited because last time he didn't have a road bike so he did it with a mountain bike. A friend found this bike at a yard sale for $26 . It took $100 for new tires and a tune up. Still a very good deal
                                                             Starting the run
                                               Jonny trying to beat the other racer. He didn't beat him but was close. The man he was racing against told him after that he was glad that Jonny was racing against him because it pushed him harder

1 comment:

Balancing the Table said...

Wow! I'm so impressed. That is awesome. You inspire me.