Monday, August 27, 2012

LaNea's first day of kindergarten   went more smooth than I expected. I knew LaNea would have an easy time and never look back which is what happened. In fact she seemed a bit annoyed that I wasn't leaving. What I expected was that I would be wiping the tears away , as I walked back from the school. Although I felt a little emoitonal about it no tears flowed.

I dropped her off at the play ground which she seemed happy with, then Hannah and I went to  the office and  her classroom to drop some things off. Then I could not resist going back to the playground to make sure she was okay. Then when the bell rang I followed her inside , I saw other parents doing it so I assumed it was fine. The teacher tasfully kicked us all out by saying " okay kids wave good bye to your parents". Which was probably a good thing since Hannah was trying to sit on the rug with the big kids.  Hannah and I walked slowly back home, feeling a bit lost and wondering how we were going to fill our days.

Since we are across the street from the school I found my self standing in out front yard and peeking at her at recess, praying that she will make fit in and make friends. I saw her running around going up and down the slide .

Jonny thought I was being a bit dramatic last night. But the thing is the last 5 years my years my life has revolved around LaNea and Hannah. Now that LaNea is going to be gone from 8 to 3 I feel like a phase of my life has ended. I still have Hannah at home, and  hopefully more children. But I still feel a loss. I am glad that Hannah and I will be kept so busy with story time, preschool and playgroups.  It will also be fun to have this specail time with Hannah this year, just me and her, I hope that I will learn more about her and that we will ahve fun.
.

No comments: